Welcome to Ulverston Tri Club Web Page.
Hoping you are well and keeping as fit as possible while we wait for British Triathlon to update us. The recent communication states 14th July so not long now.
SO, we are making plans for post shutdown events.
We can’t run the Open Water event dated 27th September as the YMCA Lakeside have decided to stay closed for the rest of 2020 so we are planning to use this date to run the first of a series of Duathlon's.
Of course, this is all subject to BT guidance so if we can’t use that date, we will push it to the next date etc until we get there BUT ... for now, 27th September is the goal.
SO we are teaming up with T2 Events and running a Triathlon at Capernwray on Thursday 16th July and also run the ‘Bobbin’ Trophy Tri with COLT on 28th August.
Both events would be run similar to time trials with waves of up to 5 starting at intervals. This helps us to comply with social distances rules as I’m sure you appreciate.
Check the Face Book page for further updates.
We would also like to announce the new 'UTC Community Shield' (ooo I hear you say) and further details of this will be announced very soon.
It would be great to ‘see a sea’ of UTC Blue at these events and we encourage you to look at the club kit we have available. Check online at Website but then it might be worth checking to see if we have it in stock already as we do carry a limited amount. Get in touch on Facebook.
That’s all for now folks, keep an eye out for the updates and we hope to see you all soon. Stay well!
Chair Ulverston Tri Club